Maddy and Jack’s long awaited May wedding ceremony celebrated their sweet love story with exquisite charm and grace.
Like so many couples Maddy and Jack had had to postpone their big day due to the pandemic. Instead they got a dog (Milo) and bought a house. They threw themselves into their work as key workers in school and the police and waited until they could finally have their wedding!
Maddy and Jack met while attending the same school. One day, during a school holiday they both found themselves hanging out in the park with friends. Maddy plucked up the courage to ask a friend for Jack’s number! A few days later they went on a double date with some friends to the cinema where – Jack informs me – he constantly asked Maddy if she wanted one of his Haribo sweets – she refused! Clearly Maddy liked something about Jack as they got married 11 years later!!
With a colour palette of rich burgundy, ivory, a hint of pink and navy blue – Maddy and Jack transformed High Billinghurst Farm in Surrey.
Both arrived in style – Jack in a vintage police car with a tinkling bell and Maddy in an iconic VW camper van.
Their ceremony incorporated a Ring Warming Ceremony so that every guest had the opportunity to bless their marriage and infuse their rings with love.
It’s fair to say that when Maddy and Jack got their pup Milo, they fell in love all over again. Milo is special, unique and strong willed and they absolutely adore him. In this spirit they invited Jack’s Grandad, Brian, to share a poem called Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog by the American Poet, Taylor Mali. Maddy and Jack actually chose this poem before getting Milo!
When we first began working together, Maddy and Jack wanted me to write their vows for them. As the pandemic progressed they decided to give writing their own a go with a little help from me. These were a surprise to each other on the day.
After their beautifully romantic and lighthearted wedding ceremony, Maddy and Jack practically danced back down the aisle to one of their favourite songs – You and Me Always by The Wanadees.
Once the obligatory ‘confetti shot’ was done, guests relaxed over a glass of fizz and some fun garden games before sitting down to enjoy dinner together. Later they danced the night away and also enjoyed making s’mores over the fire. Such a fun and relaxed way to end a gorgeous day.
- Venue- @highbillinghurstfarm
- Catering- Eat The Street @eatthestreetltd
- Cake- Cakes by Gill @cakesbygillCake Topper – @artlocke_designs
- Photographer- Loren Stone (Stone photos) @stonephotosphotographer
- Videographer- Greg Stocks @nomad_filmmaker
- Prop hire/set up- Surrey Wedding Company @surreyweddingcompany
- Make up- Ellen Davis @oneelleofamakeover
- Hair- Gill St Louis and Suzi Goddard @hairandbeautybysuzimarie
- Dress- Wedding Frox @weddingfroxbridalboutique
- Suits- @Next
- Band/DJ- One Big Reunion https://www.obr-band.com/
- Florist- Laura’s Little Flower Shed @lauraslittleflowershed
- Bridesmaid dresses- Azazie https://www.azazie.com/
- Campervan- https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/vw-campervan-marlow/
- Police car- https://www.vintagehoot.uk/
Share the love